Do you have a degree in engineering and at least 5 years’ experience in the Mechanical Engineering Industry?
Are you an effective planner with proven time management skills?
Are you flexible and available in working hours and prepared to travel, when required, to other Group facilities and to locations to inspect works?
Our Client who is a significant player in the Mediterranean and World Yachting industry is looking to recruit an Assistant Engineering Manager.
- Record daily work progress, distribute costs to related projects.
- Inspection of works for quotation purposes.
- Maintaining and establishing a healthy relationship with various suppliers, outsourcing specific supplies according to technical specifications or classification society requirements.
- Coordinate interventions of specialised service technicians from overseas.
- Review project costings on completion, guide accounts department on structure of final invoices based on works executed.
- Compile works schedule charts and updating customers on work progress.
- Compile technical reports in a concise and formal manner.
- Follow up on spare parts and warranty departments to ensure that their actions are compliant with the representing brand policies.
- Liaise with representing brand’s network management team, updating budget, KPI’s and regular reporting on compliance related matters together with Group’s compliance officer.
- Prepare and conduct after sales audits.
- Design and implement work procedures that will optimise processes.
- Draft contracts according to company’s specific needs (maintenance agreements)
- Support the Senior Manager and Directors with any technical correspondence, work plans as required.
Applicants should also have experience or at least qualifications for a mid-management position, have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English other languages (spoken and written) will be considered an asset.
The ideal candidate must be an effective planner with proven time management skills, must show attention to detail, reliability ,efficiency and flexibility.
Knowledge of Sage software and marine industry would also be considered as assets.