Are you in the process of working towards attaining a relevant professional qualification namely a university degree in Accountancy, the ACCA or ACA professional qualification?
Do you have sound computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook?
Our client is a legal, audit, tax and advisory services firm, a leader in providing expert consultancy services through its network of dedicated professionals. They are currently seeking ambitious team players with exceptional analytical skills and a well-rounded personality to become part of their dynamic assurance team in the Malta and Gozo offices.
In collaboration with your senior colleagues, you will focus on the accountable and proactive execution of assigned projects, aligning priorities and objectives to client's needs, exhibiting full ownership regarding quality of own work and showing your personal commitment to our purpose "make an impact that matters".
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organizations both locally and globally as well as working towards a career goal that we will entirely shape together.
- Take responsibility for understanding key statistics and industry matters about entity before engagement begins.
- Establish rapport with stakeholders by conveying an enthusiastic interest in their business and an approachable demeanour as well as develop a working knowledge of the clients' statutory deadlines and directs efforts to ensuring that these are met.
- Understand and use the basic functions of the firm's software package.
- Understand the internal and external knowledge databases and can utilise the relevant information to sections of work performed.
- Display a basic understanding aof audit concepts and methodology in performing the audit.
- Refer to specific accounting and auditing standards and associated guidance in audit documentation of testing.
- Identify potential audit issues, unusual items, questions or concerns, and discuss them with the field manager on a timely basis and in a clear and concise way. Prepare the required work papers in compliance with the firm's standards, policies and procedures and develop professional scepticism.
- Candidates must be in the process of working towards attaining a relevant professional qualification namely a university degree in Accountancy, the ACCA or ACA professional qualification.
- Sound computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Outstanding communication - both spoken and written (in particular, business report writing) and people skills.
- Good team player.