Are you experienced and knowledgeable about system security?
Do you possess a bachelor’s degree in software engineering or networking?
One of Malta’s leading Digital and Software Solutions Providers is seeking to engage a DevOps Engineer. Our client is an innovative company specialising in web development, software services and digital marketing.
This is an operations role integrated with several agile development teams. Duties include:
- Design, build and maintain cloud infrastructures, cloud backup systems, load balancing and disaster recovery scenarios
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis (RCA)
- SaaS platform management
- Detailed documentation for several environments/systems
- Network and Domain management
- Responsibility for system uptime on a 24x7 basis
- Full-time availability
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or networking
- Experience and knowledge of system security
- Strong background in UNIX/Linux Administration
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Azure/AWS is required)
- Security, Load and Penetration Testing
- Experience with deployment automation & orchestration (eg: Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy)
- Continuous Integration (like Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS), Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, SVN, VSTS etc)
- Ticket Management/issue Tracking like (Jira)
- Disaster Recovery
- Friendly, mature, excellent communications skills- It must be emphasised that great importance overall is given to the people skills dimension of this position.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and must be able to work independently
- Thirst and willingness to learn something new everyday
- A good set of people skills as this position needs to bridge the gaps between teams.
- CCIE, AWS/Azure certification and experience as system administrator or within a DevOps team will be considered favorably
The chosen individual will be working within a dynamic environment around talented people who are passionate about what they do. The company offers a supportive working environment, flexible conditions and exciting challenges and is expanding its already considerable international projects.