A Junior Business Analyst is required by a private credit institution that has been operating in Malta for almost 10 years. The company strives to provide innovative financial solutions and make these accessible in a simple and efficient fashion. Responsibility, transparency and a high level of security are three main characteristics that distinguish our client.
The Junior Business Analyst will be required to assist in: Product/Process Management; Incident/Problem Management; Change Management. More specifically, the chosen candidate will:
- Become conversant with all banking products and processes.
- Maintain constant contact with all project and operational stakeholders in order to: understand issues and formulate solutions; be involved in projects in-line with bank strategies and priorities; propose improvements to processes and systems with main focus on automation.
- Identify and propose improvements to operational systems, in line with the bank's mission, values, strategies and policies.
- Assist or lead in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications.
- Assist with specified maintenance procedures.
- Identify, register and categorise incidents following agreed procedures.
- Gather information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocate incident as appropriate.
- Maintain record and advise relevant persons of actions taken.
- Examine problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Conduct test design and User Acceptance Testing.
- Promote communication between all project stakeholders.
- Follow and apply change control procedures.
- Work closely with the development and QA teams.
- Assist in the definition and management of requirements; use standard techniques to elicit, specify, and document requirements for simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent
- Knowledge of process automation.
- Knowledge and experience of SDLC and service management (ITIL).
- Good communication skills, especially in English
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organised and able to multitask effectively
We are looking for a proactive individual with a strong work ethic. Experience within the financial industry is considered favorably.
You will be working in a flexible, friendly, multicultural environment with ample opportunities for development within, and outside your role. Competitive salaries are offered to the right candidates as well as an array of financial and non-financial benefits, promoting a healthy work-life balance.