-Do you have experience in fixing appliances?
-Are you fluent in Maltese and English?
-Do you have a technical background?
Our client boasts of an impressive product range, a wide client base and strong customer loyalty with a dominant local market share. Their success comes from our solid business background and is built upon a solid reputation for service, quality and above all commitment to our clients.
They are now seeking to recruit a Technician on Full-Time basis.
The successful candidate will form part of the existing team and would be expected to maintain a good relationship with the Company's customers, take a general interest in the operations of the Company as well as ensure that the company's service offering is of the highest quality.
- Disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed and repairs can be made.
- Clean and reinstall parts.
- Light and adjust pilot lights on gas stoves, and examine valves and burners for gas leakage and specified flame.
- Observe and examine appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
- Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
- Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides in order to diagnose and repair problems.
- Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
- Service and repair domestic electrical and/or gas appliances such as clothes washers, refrigerators, stoves, and dryers.
- Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Test and examine gas pipelines and equipment to locate leaks and faulty connections, and to determine the pressure and flow of gas.
- Trace electrical circuits, following diagrams, and conduct tests with circuit testers and other equipment to locate shorts and grounds.
- Bill customers for repair work, and collect payment.
- Clean, lubricate, and touch up minor defects on newly installed or repaired appliances.
- Conserve, recover, and recycle refrigerants used in cooling systems.
- Contact supervisors or offices to receive repair assignments.
- Install appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers, and cooking equipment.
- Instruct customers regarding operation and care of appliances, and provide information such as emergency service numbers.
- Level refrigerators, adjust doors, and connect water lines to water pipes for ice makers and water dispensers, using hand tools.
- Level washing machines and connect hoses to water pipes, using hand tools.
- Maintain stocks of parts used in on-site installation, maintenance, and repair of appliances.
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe, and connect it to feeder lines and equipment or appliances, using rules and hand tools.
- Observe and test operation of appliances following installation, and make any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
- Provide repair cost estimates, and recommend whether appliance repair or replacement is a better choice.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed on appliances.
- Assemble new or reconditioned appliances.
- Hang steel supports from beams or joists to hold hoses, vents, and gas pipes in place.
- Maltese and English Language
- Previous similar working experience would be asset
- Computer literate with knowledge of standard office software
- Must be in possession of a valid and clean driving licence.