Our client is a multi-disciplinary boutique firm who provide Advisory, Corporate, Tax and other related services to an extensive array of international clients.
They are now looking to employ an Senior Auditor to join their growing team.
The selected candidate will be required to work with minimal supervision after being provided with the necessary training. The post calls for mature individuals who will be required to plan the work in an efficient manner, work under tight deadlines, be organised and liaise with clients, colleagues, staff and partners on a daily basis.
The selected candidates will be responsible for carrying out and completing the audit of the financial statements of Maltese companies. This role entails knowledge of IFRS’s, GAPSME and ISA’s and being in contact with clients and colleagues in order to gather the information and documentation needed for the audit to be carried out successfully. The appropriate candidate should also have a basic understanding of the Maltese Companies Act and the Income Tax Act.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and delivering high quality audits
- Undertaking statutory audits of financial statements in accordance with International Standards on Auditing and Accounting
- Preparing financial statements in line with IFRS/GAPSE/GAPSME
- Actively managing relationship with clients
- Demonstrating management skills and effectively managing own time across different engagements
- Monitoring the progress of the audit engagement against the audit plan
- Any other duties as may be assigned, subject to these being within the professional competency of the candidate
- Holder of a degree in Accountancy, ACCA or in the final stages of ACCA
- Experience in an audit related role
- Knowledge of IFRS and GAPSME
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, particularly in English
- Be focused in meeting deadlines and in handling work pressure
- Be proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Be smart, highly motivated, well presented individual with an eye for detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good teamwork practice
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines