Our client is a global company owning a number of insurance operations in Malta.
They are looking for an experienced accountant who is preferably in his their final ACCA exams or already qualified.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions and there are ample opportunities for career progression.
The salary depends on experience but will be a very attractive salary plus benefits.
- Manage the overall accounting functions of the organisation;
- Prepare and review financial statements in accordance with GAPSME and IFRS on an annual basis;
- Preparation of management reporting, financial statements, monthly reports and budget forecasts;
- Be the main contact point during annual audits and prepare audit files;
- Comply with financial policies and regulations while keeping up to date with regulatory changes that may impact the company;
- Responsible for the creation and management of payments; Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary;
- Assist in other assignments and projects as assigned and other general accounting duties.
- Partially qualified or fully qualified in ACCA or an equivalent qualification;
- Work experience in a similar accounting role;
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the GAPSME and IFRS;
- Strong analytical skills, numerical skills and a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to multi-task and work from own initiative;
- Advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables.
Please apply to the link below or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org