Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field?
Are you experienced in a lab-pharma environment?
Do you have proven experience in Project Management within an Analytical field?
If so this may be the perfect position for you :)
Our client, a global leader in the Pharmaceutical industry, and they are looking for a Project Lead to join its growing team in Malta.
- To execute or supervise the analytical work on raw materials, excipients, intermediates, finished dosage forms related to new or ongoing projects in adequate scientific and technical quality and on time.
- Communication with customers and other departments to inform about the progress of projects and work packages.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- To schedule all aspects of a project and align priorities and timing with project management and production requirements.
- Analytical Project Management
- To be aware of and abide strictly to all company policies and procedures at all times and on all company premises.
- To follow all safety procedures and act as a role model for all SHE requirements.
- Manages analytical chemists and technicians.
- Monitors daily operations and actively directs assignments by defining objective for direct reports.
- Responsible for planning and allocating of laboratory resources to different projects and tasks
- Prioritizes tasks in case of bottlenecks, aligning priorities together with project management, supply chain and the Head of QC.
- Reviews analytical data generated by direct reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Monitors compliance to GMP and safety requirements, SOPs and company policies and procedures.
- Oversees, participates in and approves the interviewing, hiring, and training of departmental employees. Conducts performance evaluation for direct reports.
- Provides coaching and assistance to direct reports in the areas of disciplinary action, employee training, problem resolution and work assignment delegation.
- Supports the Head of QC in budgeting instruments and personnel.
- Responsible for analytical method development, validation, and, if required, transfer. Writes and/or approve method protocols, final reports and product/method investigation and other analytical support documents.
- Provides timely updates to the project leadership team, to the line manager and to related colleagues on the status of projects. Ensures that projects are completed on schedule by using the appropriate resources.
- Represents the analytical department as member of project leadership teams, as well as in customer meetings and during inspections.
- To work diligently, responsibly and safely with the best use of resources made available to her/him.
- To follow all the standard operating procedures and to document all out of specifications and lab errors in accordance to procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field, with a proven leading experience and expertise in project management preferably within an Analytical division.
- Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, and with a strong command of the English language; with the ability to communicate complex information understandably to various stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with systematic approaches to problem solving including the ability to identify subtle discrepancies in processes or products, and have good judgment in determining impact and potential risk.
- Ability to manage and lead professional staff in order to achieve goals, evaluate and resolve complex technical problems.