Our client is a long established audit firm. Exciting opportunities have arisen within their corporate department and they are seeking to recruit a Corporate Compliance Associate to join their team.
The ideal candidate would ideally hold a Diploma in Compliance or equivalent and be familiar with the responsibilities of a Company Secretary and also with Maltese Company Law. The ideal candidate must also hold an average of two years of experience in a corporate service environment.
You should be familiar with the following tasks:
- Preparation of the Compliance file;
- Opening of bank accounts and preparation of company profiles;
- Carrying out initial and ongoing due diligence on clients;
- Preparation and upkeep of clients’ Company registers;
- Assisting clients with any changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure;
- Drafting of resolutions and supplemental documentation;
- Preparation of liquidation forms, obtaining clearances from authorities and carrying out the necessary publications in relation to companies being put in liquidation;
- Preparation and filing of annual returns and other regulatory forms;
- Liaising with Banks/ Malta Business Registry/ Malta Financial Services Authority and other authorities as may be required;
- Assisting clients in work permits and residency applications.
- Drafting of trust deeds as per the consultancy exercise which would have been carried out with the client
- Assisting the directors in the management of trusts under administration
- Liaising with third parties including the accountant, broker and other parties in order to obtain information relative to the administration of the trusts
- Carrying out the necessary due diligence